Standard Work is one of the most powerful but least used Lean tools. By documenting the current practices, it forms the baseline for continuous improvement. Let’s review some of the benefits quickly.
Benefits of Standard Work
- Standardizes the work across different teams, different people; ensuring consistency across the organization; making outcomes predictable and measurable.
- Sets clear expectations, branding as to what’s ‘given’ when the team/individual says a certain activity is ‘Done’.
- Ensure that certain routine, mundane tasks get done (and don’t get overlooked due to them being ‘boring’.)
- A common ‘platform’ is set up, a baseline against which the effectiveness of the individuals and/or team can be measured; ensuring a certain level of quality.
- It’s the DNA of continuous improvement (CI). It makes CI routine and ingrained in the very existence of the organization.
- Standard Work is a ‘snapshot‘, a picture of the best way to do things at this moment in time, with an eye on continuous improvement.
Without standard work, there is no kaizen (CI)
– Taichii Ohno
In essence, Standard Work helps you in minimizing waste and maximizing value delivery.
Would it help to have your standard work documented? Can it help you, your team, your organization improve the productivity and deliver more VALUE for your customer?
Go ahead and document your Standard of Work.
What’s Better yet…
Get these Standard Work templates for FREE, and put your team on the “hyper Productivity” lane!
Standardized work is a collection and implementation of the best practices known to that point.
Interested in more …
Interested in more than just the Standard Work? How about Checklists, template emails, and worksheets to help your Scrum team?
Why reinvent? Leverage these Pearls of Agile Wisdom! Grab this Playbook now, for a tiny price!
Not convinced yet…
Listen to what Steph has to say below 🙂
Don’t forget to Subscribe to our mailing list to get more Pearls of Agile Wisdom.